211 LINDSAY LAKE ROAD, MUSQUODOBOIT VALLEY - This property surrounds their private lake with grazing fields / farm land (175 acres) and forested acreage totaling 700+ acres in the community of Lindsay Lake, Musquodoboit Valley. A great opportunity to live and work off the land zoned for MU (mixed use). Four generations of the one family have owned and operated it as a beef / mixed farm (eg: chickens, turkeys, sheep, dairy) and currently the land is made available to other farmers to graze cattle and harvest hay. A Woodlot Management Plan is implemented to maintain this unique property. The bright spacious home (3216sq.ft) has great living spaces on the main level.... from the large wrap-around covered and screened deck, the gorgeous sun room, a breakfast room for all meals, a large open kitchen with island beside the cozy family room, and a convenient office or 5th bedroom close to the 3 piece bathroom and laundry. Upstairs find 4 spacious bedrooms including a lovely master bedroom with walk-in closet and en-suite. A good sized 4 piece bathroom serves the remaining 3 bedrooms. A full undeveloped walkout basement provides good storage and work space for an active household. The oil/wood furnace provides comfortable heating throughout the home and, if preferred, the home is fully set up for electric heating. So much privacy surrounded by nature and fully accessible by a provincially maintained road. Live just close enough to benefit from small community living and its amenities, the airport and approximately an hour's drive from Halifax.
Your choices range from modest country homes to massive oceanfront or lakefront estates throughout this area. Enjoy being near the famous Peggy's Cove in one of the province's most beautiful areas.
A REALTOR® can improve your house-hunting experience by:
- Reviewing your list of wants and needs to determining your price range
- Answering questions about the markets you’re interested in and helping you compare homes and neighbourhoods
- Previewing properties to ensure you’re only shown homes that meet your needs and budget
- Making appointments and walking you through potential homes, answering all of your questions
- Giving up-to-the minute information on financing and explaining your mortgage options
- Negotiating with the seller, smoothing out any potential conflicts and drawing up a legally binding contract