8509 HIGHWAY 327, GABARUS - Cape Breton Island! Escape to the Atlantic Ocean and this waterside retreat. The quaint Village of Gabarus, rich with 300 hundred years of history. Gabarus was the spot Sargent William Bagnell chose to settle after he and General Wolfe's army captured the Fortress of Louisburg. It is the location of this beautifully renovated 2 storey home. Year round access with raised driveway eliminating high water levels from spring tides, the perfect getaway, you can enjoy 500 feet of your own beach or 1000 feet on the tranquil waters of Slattery's Lake. Private yet not isolated, this home is less than an hour from Sydney's JADouglas McCurdy Airport and 40 minutes from the city itself. Built in 1895, this wonderful home was raised and a full dry concrete basement was added. The house was rewired, re-plumbed, re-insulated and the roof was reshingled. The interior walls were drywalled and a modern kitchen and bath installed. The home has an oil fired furnace, a backup generator, two ductless heat pumps and a cozy woodstove. The perfect spot to find relaxation or inspiration!
A REALTOR® can improve your house-hunting experience by:
- Reviewing your list of wants and needs to determining your price range
- Answering questions about the markets you’re interested in and helping you compare homes and neighbourhoods
- Previewing properties to ensure you’re only shown homes that meet your needs and budget
- Making appointments and walking you through potential homes, answering all of your questions
- Giving up-to-the minute information on financing and explaining your mortgage options
- Negotiating with the seller, smoothing out any potential conflicts and drawing up a legally binding contract