6241 & 6243 OAKLAND ROAD, HALIFAX - We are so happy and honoured to showcase this incredible south end property that has not been on the market in almost 70 years! Built in the 1930s, designed by Sydney Dumaresq with his partner's Andrew Cobb flare, the history surrounds you in each room. This side by side was originally built and still maintained today as a duplex. Owner occupied on the right and rented on the left each side is the mirror image of the other, each with over 1500 sq ft and full basements. On the right side the covered deck, enclosed in glass with 390 sq ft of 'extra' living room is such a brilliant use of space - perfectly cozy on your own or to dine and entertain with multiple guests in the less chilly months - like nothing you've seen in a home like this. For those with creative visions this property could become a wonderful estate and re-invented to a grand single-family home. But to be noted, is the fact that this lot is 100 feet wide by approximately 150 feet deep (plus 50 additional feet under licensing agreement with Dalhousie University). Not much to compare with this land size on one of the most prestigious streets on Halifax Peninsula. Let your imagination run wild and call the listing agents for more info or to set up a time to view this wonderful home.
The South end is considered the heart of Halifax with its universities, hospitals, financial center, public parks and large stately homes in close proximity to the downtown business core. It is also home to the public gardens, which is one of the finest Victorian gardens in Canada. You can also enjoy Point Pleasant Park nestled among beautiful heritage homes and tree-lined streets.
A REALTOR® can improve your house-hunting experience by:
- Reviewing your list of wants and needs to determining your price range
- Answering questions about the markets you’re interested in and helping you compare homes and neighbourhoods
- Previewing properties to ensure you’re only shown homes that meet your needs and budget
- Making appointments and walking you through potential homes, answering all of your questions
- Giving up-to-the minute information on financing and explaining your mortgage options
- Negotiating with the seller, smoothing out any potential conflicts and drawing up a legally binding contract